A piece of heaven in nature, not too far from Cape Town. Recharged and ready for the new year. Highly recommended for great outdoors and R & R.
Robin on Google
what an experience, first time in about 15 years was an epic experience with a lot of laughter and great family memories. it was so good that...
Ian on Tripadvisor
As my husband work abroad and a lot, he needed a quote place for some days, to recover and to have only us around, no one else and Gecko was...
Pressya on Booking.com
Activitiesat Gecko Rock
Gecko Rock Private Nature Reserve is nestled in the Nougaspoort Valley, just 25 km from Touwsrivier, and offers visitors an eco-adventure destination. Our mission at Gecko Rock is to offer our visitors an unparalleled outdoor experience in the South African Karoo, one of the most unique natural areas on earth.
Comfortable accommodation options vary from camping to fully equipped self-catering modern, eco-friendly cabins. Guests can enjoy unspoiled views, unrivaled stars, days and days of hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, photography and 4×4 trails, or simply just sit in the shade with a good book or your favourite drink.
The scope of activities on offer at this special place, where the emphasis is on the preservation of the environment, is sure to hold an attraction for everyone. The list of options includes camping and hiking, 4×4 and 4×2 routes as well as driver training, rock climbing and mountain biking, customized team building events and conference facilities, flower and succulent tours, bird watching, and star gazing. Or you can simply relax in this unhurried retreat far away from cell phones and city stress.
By Phone & WhatsApp
Due to the rural setting we may not answer immediately, but please feel free to leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Sharon Deal: +27 082 493 8733
Jonathan Deal: +27 076 8385150
Travis Deal: +27 082 821 3688
Reception: +27 023 358 9902
Directions to Gecko Rock
- Take the N1 into Touws River.
- Turn right (if coming from Cape Town), or left (if coming from Jo'burg) at Touws River.
- Turn left at the first 4-way stop in Touws River.
- At the railway line follow the road along side it.
- Take the left over the railway line.
- After crossing the railway line take the first right.
- Travel past Bloutoring turn-off. and through an S-shaped poort for about 25km out of Touws River.
- Travel 1km past the Noogaaspoort turn-off, and you will see the Gecko Rock sign next to a gate on the left, take a left here.
- Take the road into Gecko Rock.